
We arrived in Iowa on August 20, 2007 knowing that we chose Iowa against what seemed to be our better judgment. The tuition is expensive, Iowa City is small and offered few job opportunities for me, and we weren't quite sure how we were going to make ends meet.
The 22nd was the start of our new life; Sterling started orientation for his program and I started the job hunt. We were both a little nervous for what lie ahead but we could never have anticipated as much. Sterling was informed that he received a research assistant-ship which, besides our health and well-being has been an enormous blessing. Instead of paying out-of-state tuition, we will pay in-state tuition, he receives a monthly stipend that will pay a great deal of our monthly bills, and best of all we are relieved of the stress of how we are going to make it.
The job hunt on the other hand, was not going as well. I searched for a couple of days with little hope of finding something even related to engineering. Then one day after orientation activities, Sterling informed me that IDT, a biomedical company near our home was hiring. I visited their website and found a couple of jobs that would be interesting to me as well as meet our needs. I just interviewed with the company this past Monday and will hopefully hear from them soon informing me that I have been awarded a position.
Perhaps the rolling hills of Iowa are not what we picture when we imagine our future but for the present they beautiful. For in those hills we have found safety, happiness, peace and a grand display of the love of God.
The 22nd was the start of our new life; Sterling started orientation for his program and I started the job hunt. We were both a little nervous for what lie ahead but we could never have anticipated as much. Sterling was informed that he received a research assistant-ship which, besides our health and well-being has been an enormous blessing. Instead of paying out-of-state tuition, we will pay in-state tuition, he receives a monthly stipend that will pay a great deal of our monthly bills, and best of all we are relieved of the stress of how we are going to make it.
The job hunt on the other hand, was not going as well. I searched for a couple of days with little hope of finding something even related to engineering. Then one day after orientation activities, Sterling informed me that IDT, a biomedical company near our home was hiring. I visited their website and found a couple of jobs that would be interesting to me as well as meet our needs. I just interviewed with the company this past Monday and will hopefully hear from them soon informing me that I have been awarded a position.
Perhaps the rolling hills of Iowa are not what we picture when we imagine our future but for the present they beautiful. For in those hills we have found safety, happiness, peace and a grand display of the love of God.
No comments:
Post a Comment