It is funny to look back and realize that we have been in Iowa for two years now. I am half way done with my Doctor of Audiology (AuD), and some exciting parts are coming up. We have really enjoyed our time here in Iowa. However, I have to admit that I am becoming anxious to move on to some place new and exciting. I have become accustom to moving frequently and have come to enjoy it. I had not lived in the same place for more than one straight year for six years before we moved to Iowa. These past two years in Iowa now seem like a long time even though they have been great.
I thought that I would let everyone know about what may be coming in the next few years of our lives. I am currently preparing to apply for placements for the last year of my doctoral program. The last year is a full-year externship in which I work full-time. I can complete that externship anywhere in the United States. It is exciting to consider all of the possible places we may be living in one year and the possible externships I could obtain. Most of the externships begin during the summer months. I will start my externship in the summer of 2010, in less than one year. I am considering placements in Minnesota, Nebraska, Arizona, Oregon, Ohio and Massachusetts. Those of you who know how indecisive I am will appreciate the magnitude of the difficulties I will face in making the decision. Cylynn is willing to move anywhere. She claims to be so impartial or apathetic to where I decide to go that it is sometimes frustrating. Sometimes I wish she would make the decision for me so that I do not have to make it myself. Stay tuned to hear where we will be in a year. I will find out early next year (February or March).
I will also be doing some traveling as part of my program for conferences and humanitarian work. I will be in China for a couple of weeks in May next year providing hearing aids to orphans and educating doctors on Audiology. I will also travel to Arizona and possibly California for conferences. This year will be full of traveling for interviews and school. Luckily I like to travel.
Following the AuD degree, I have the option of working as an Audiologist or continuing for a PhD in Audiology. Another decision to be made. Unfortunately, I seem to have a change of heart or mind every other day. The PhD would be an extra two years following the end of the AuD and would be back here in Iowa.
Anyway, just thought I would give an update on the current and future plans for our family.
3 comments:
you guys are not looking at moving to Vegas? why not probally becauise there is no progam here for anything like that. good luck picking!
wow..that is officially the LONGEST blog break I've ever seen. Thank you for updating. geeeeeez....
can i put in a vote for Arizona? maybe then I will see you guys some day.
Post a Comment