I never thought I would have to compete for Sterling's love, especially not with a 5 year old! While we were on vacation, I quickly learned that I am not the only one with an eye for Sterling. I have a niece that decided Sterling was her "honey" (as she called him often) and nothing I could say or do was going to change her mind.
If I sat next to him on the couch, she would jump on his lap, nestle her head in his neck and say, "Hey! that's my honey." If I gave him a hug...same reaction.
Let's be honest people, I couldn't just break it to her harshly, I tried to ease her into the idea that he was my husband. I tried a bunch of different tactics, none of them worked, and in the end I had to let another girl have the love and affection of my husband for a day.
Take a look for yourselves, it doesn't look like she is going to give me any room to step in. Oh well, it makes Sterling feel good that his nieces and nephews love him.
2 comments:
it's got to be frustrating to have to share your man. haha. from the pictures, i get the distinct impression that she completely understood to concept of him being your husband, she was just playing the cute little naive card to get what she wanted! i love your posts! mi manchi sorella.
So cute!
Post a Comment