Over Christmas we had some visitors and all three of them did a good deal of sleeping. I can't blame dad for sleeping so much because he was extremely ill. We let him sleep as much as he wanted and in the end I think it paid off because he left here feeling pretty good.
Please do not be misled by the burp rag on dad's chest. We did give him something larger to cover up with when he slept. In fact we gave up our bed and slept on the hide-a-bed in order to keep the parentals happy and healthy.
Mom also did a great deal of sleeping but we can't blame her either. At the age of 6? (age partially altered) she tends at least six children under the age of four, manages to keep a clean house, cooks dinner for dad and grandma, crochets blankets and burp rags, quilts and well who knows what else! We think she should be allowed a nap or two if she feels like it.
As for our other guest, she just slept and as you can see from the picture it was usually in a strange position. The first night after they arrived, she told me to wake her up at 7:30 am the next morning. So, like a good little aunt, I did just that and she had the nerve to tell me that I woke her up too early because back home it would have only been 6:30 am. My apologies, I didn't know that I had to account for the time change.
Even though there was a whole lot of sleeping going on, we also managed to have a lot of fun also. The boys got carried way more than they usually do when it's just me and I think they liked the added attention. I also enjoyed the company because when babies cried in the middle of the night, I could keep on sleeping. Perhaps it wasn't a vacation for some of the company after all...oops!
2 comments:
your parents are absolutely ADORABLE!!! Love it!!
I love those pictures--I love it when things make me laugh out loud, and you do that a lot. :)
Post a Comment