I decided that I would just push it off the wall and then pounce on it with a paper towel in hand. Then I started to think that I might not be brave enough to actually try and catch it once it was on the ground. Next idea was to get it to walk around and then I would coax it onto the fly swatter, dump it in the toilet and flush.
The coax-dump-flush method was my final plan and it would have gone smoothly if this thing didn't decide to start right for the handle of the fly-swatter and directly on course for my jugular. My throat started to constrict and I started to panic but I didn't want to run because I knew that if it dropped to the ground I wouldn't even try to get it. Luckily I made it to the bathroom and this little guy had it's date with fate.
I wouldn't normally care if there were critters like this in the house, never mind, yes I would. But I had to dispose of this one because the other day when I caught Kekoa chewing on something and pulled it out of his mouth it was the remaining legs of some bug. I puked in my mouth just a little.
10 comments:
This is hilarious! Definitely super gross. It's amazing how something so little can gross us out so much.
Gross! I hate those things. We get them every once in a while here. I hyperventilate every time I see a bug, or spider, or anything creepy.
I love the I puked in my mouth just a little. lol
OMG! I would barf.
I once called Jessica Whitehead to come kill a bug in my living room. no lie.
I would have vacuumed that sucker.
What is that thing?
@Erin - it is called a household centipede. I wanted to die when I found it and the only place that I dared to take a picture of it was in the toilet right before I flushed it.
oh my gosh!!! You are so brave. Especially for taking the picture. I would've been worried that it might jump out of the toilet if I did not immediately flush.... I don't know if they jump, but who wants to take that chance? I'm very glad it did not get your jugular. whew.
aaahhh!! So sick!! I HATE bugs!!
cylynn who knew you were so affraid of bugs and poop? i knew i was, but you are suprising me.... it's like i don't even know you :)but this did remind me of the time there was a centipede at 1237. but during that episode there was a lot more running and furniture up heaval, and contageous screaming!!
Jordan - I didn't used to be so afraid of bugs but Sterling told me about this roach, called a wood roach, that is attracted to the smell of ear wax and will crawl into your ear and cannot get out. It of course makes a bunch of noise and you have to go to the ER to have the docs kill and remove the bug. Ever since then I have been terrified of many bugs, especially ones that look like they could get into my ear and eat my brains out.
As for the centipede, I do recall that, it was a hot mess. I also recall a lot of broom swinging when a cockroach was running around our house freely.
Post a Comment