After adjusting to the wonderful heat for many years trying to go back to a colder climate has been miserable. People will often ask me how I managed to grow up in Wyoming if I hate the cold weather so much. I have no reasons or explanations as to how I did it but thankfully I am not there any longer. The sad reality however is that I managed to move to a state where the humidity only adds to the fun. The summer is unbearable because the minute you walk outside you are sweating your face off and in the winter it is just plain cold, and bitter at that.
Anyway, enough of my complaining. I just thought I would post some of the rare pictures of me in the snow. These pictures are from our Christmas vacation where we spent time with both of our families. Sterling managed to talk me into playing in the snow two different times.
The first time was when Kaili decided that making an entire snow family was the best idea her little mind had ever conceived. We didn't make an entire family because the snow was not cooperating but we did manage to make one snowman and one snow dog.Sterling and I were in charge of making the snow dog and though it looks more like a snow turtle, you will be pleased to know that Kaili absolutely loved it. And from the pictures you will also note that Joseph loved it as well.
The second time that Sterling convinced me to play in the snow was so that we could go sledding with his family. I have some pretty sweet videos of Sterling, Rachel and Mary Jane going off of two jumps but unfortunately I recorded with my camera turned 180 degrees and unfortunately you cannot rotate a video to post it properly. So the pictures of us on the tubes will have to suffice.
Perhaps next year I will not be such a big baby and do a little more. After all when it was all said and done we did have a rather enjoyable time. Maybe Sterling will buy me some hand and feet warmers so that I don't have to complain so much. Or even better I could just commit to not complaining....no thanks, I'll take the warmers.
No comments:
Post a Comment