Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Bella Pella

Due to the insufficient insertion of phone into pocket Sterling was without a phone Sunday night. Monday morning we called some friends to find out if it was in their car because Sterling had already checked everywhere for it.

Luckily it was safe in the front seat of their car and they said we could come and get it at any time during the day. The wife would be home all day and all night so whenever we showed up she would be there. Initially I thought of how convenient this was for us because Sterling had to be at the hospital Monday morning so that he could sit in on a cochlear implant surgery. However the more I thought about it I started to feel badly for her.

NOTE: In order to prevent confusion I will let you know that this post is not about Sterling's phone but is in fact about me. I have to tell the story of the phone so that I can talk about my thoughts which will then lead us to the actual reason for this post.

On with the story. After the thoughts of gratitude for her being home all day I started to worry about what it would be like to be a stay-at-home mom. I began to convince myself that having children was more of a restriction than a blessing and so I voiced my thoughts to Sterling. I told him that I couldn't imagine sitting in our house all day with our children and doing nothing else. I told him that I was pretty sure that I would need to work or occupy my time with something other than our children all day every day. I then started asking a bunch of rhetorical questions regarding staying at home and though they were rhetorical Sterling answered almost every single one of them.

The answer that leads to why I am posting today was, "Well Cylynn, why do you think so many of the people in the ward have so many posts on their blog? It's because they stay home all day and have a lot of time. Just think of how our blog would be if you stayed home all day. You could post all the time."

I replied, "I don't want to post all the time. Honey why do you think we have very few posts on our blog? It's because one post is enough to make me not want to write for at least a few weeks. If I stayed home all day our blog would look the same, as it does now."

So long story longer, I am writing today as a result of the above stated events. I want all of you to be updated on the fun and exciting things happening in our lives. Unfortunately the most exciting things at this time is our trip to Pella and our boring conversations that lead me to making boring posts. But I decided that if I don't take the time now to post the final picture collage from Pella then I might not get around to it ever.

So now a brief description of the post. The title of this post, though incorrect, means beautiful Pella.

The festival was fun and the flowers were absolutely beautiful. I have selected a few pictures of floats from the parades, pictures of tulips and the enormous windmill to share with all of you. Although you cannot comprehend nor imagine how beautiful it really was by simply viewing my amateur photographs, I hope you enjoy it just the same.

Stay tuned for more uneventful updates on our life in Iowa.

No comments: