I was blessed, or cursed whichever you prefer, to stay home while Cylynn made this trip. She was able to see her parents, brother and his kids, and two of her sisters including Josie. She reported that she had a great time and I was sad to miss it.
I was able to finally organize our house as Cylynn was in Arizona leaving me bored out of my mind. I also attended the Coralville fireworks show on the night of the fourth. I must report, and some of you may have experienced this and I sympathize if you have and pray that those who haven't never endure the experience, that watching fireworks is miserably boring alone. I received no joy from the experience and almost regret having gone at all. On the other hand, it did help me to feel what I was missing. This weekend without Cylynn was miserable. It was the second time that we have been separated since marriage, the first being a year previous and for approximately the same duration.
Ironically, as Cylynn was taking part in a sealing of a family for time and all eternity I was contemplating the blessing of eternal families. This weekend I had a small taste of what eternity would be without my family, wife, parents and siblings. I can attest that for me that eternity like that would be the essence of hell. On the other hand, I also contemplated eternity with my family and all its constituents. That for me would be the ultimate joy. Therefore, I would like to thank my Heavenly Father for the blessing of eternal families and the knowledge I have of this doctrine. It is truly a blessing. I have included some family pictures from Arizona (and other) below.

No comments:
Post a Comment