Saturday, January 31, 2009

Christmas In Iowa


Shortly after Sterling and I were married we decided that spending Christmas together as a family and starting our own traditions was very important to us. This year we were able to start that process and were lucky enough to have Mom, Dad and Joseph here to celebrate with us.

It all started as we dug out our christmas decorations, all of them are on our small end table. Next was the purchase of our first Christmas tree. As you can see Sterling was so happy about the purchase that he gave our tree a welcome to our home hug (perhaps this was not his idea but with a little bit of coaxing from me he conceded). We decided to decorate it "old-school" style by stringing popcorn onto thread, adding some candy canes and putting the cards that we received onto the tree. In the beginning I was saddened by the fact that we would not have all of the fancy decorations that I remember as a child and yet the simplicity of our decorations was absolutely beautiful.

Christmas this year was so much more than I could have ever imagined!

No comments: