Two months have come and gone since the boys were born. The following is a list of changes that have taken place since their one month birthday.
Makaio
1. I grew a double chin - I gained two pounds this month - weighing in at 5 lbs 5.3 oz.
2. I learned to love eating! I went from eating 3 oz/day to eating over 9 oz/day.
3. I graduated from Preemie XS diapers to Preemie S diapers.
4. Daddy held me for the first time (July 3, 2010).
5. I got extubated (July 5, 2010) which means that they removed the breathing tube from my throat and put it in my nose. My nose was sore and bled all the time but mom and dad heard me cry for the first time.
6. They removed my PICC line (July 8, 2010) which means that I get all of my nutrition from breastmilk.
7. I wore clothing for the first time (July 20, 2010).
8. I moved from a warmer bed to an isolet (July 21, 2010).
9. I am using nasal cannula to breathe now (July 28, 2010). If you look at the picture mom posted, you will see that the nasal cannula is just like what my Great Grandma Bina uses.
10. I got my two month immunizations (July 31, 2010).
Kekoa
1. I am an under-paid and under-appreciated comedian. I make Daddy, Mommy and the nurses laugh all the time and what do I get...breastmilk.
2. I have a buddha belly - I gained 1.5 lbs this month - weighing in at 4 lbs 14 oz.
3. I graduated from Preemie XS diapers to Preemie S diapers.
4. Mom held me for the first time and I had my eyes open the entire time (July 3, 2010).
5. I'm an eater! I went from eating 1 oz/day to eating over 10 oz/day.
6. They removed my PICC line (July 16, 2010) which means that I get all of my nutrition from breastmilk.
7. Daddy held me for the first time (July 23, 2010).
8. I finally got off of the Jet Ventilator (July 27, 2010) and I am doing great on the conventional ventilator. They are thinking that I will be extubated in the beginning of August.
9. I wore clothing for the first time (July 31, 2010).
Please keep us in your prayers as we try to make some big changes in preparation for our move to Minnesota. It probably won't be for a couple of months but we are going to work really hard on growing so that we can be with our daddy again! Mommy will keep you posted on our progress and probably even list our progress again next month.
Love,
Makaio and Kekoa
5 comments:
I love Kekoa's picture with his tongue sticking out. Maybe he will follow in the great tradition of tongue biting!
It makes me just cry to read this. The fact that you get to hold them, and they feel you. It's perfect. I am so proud of you, Cylynn, for everything you did to get them here and continue to do to keep them growing and healthy! Sooner than you know they'll be breastfeeding from you, and rolling around, and chewing on power cords!
So adorable, doth my eyes decieve me and I am starting to see chubby rolls? Keep going kids and eat your parents out of house and home!
I hope that you can ALL go to Minnesota soon. :)
hey sorella. your boys look great. those two months did go fast... even faster than our last transfer!
Post a Comment