it's what's for dinner (at least for the twins)!
I haven't really talked about the breast feeding or pumping since the very beginning of this journey but I think I must at this point. I was talking to one of my best NICU friends and she was telling me that I should be commended for sticking with pumping for so long. I never realized how many NICU mothers find it to be one source of stress of which they can rid themselves. I wouldn't rank pumping amongst my favorite activities but I had to do it for my kids and that kept and keeps me going even today. I didn't like it but I knew two things:
1. I wanted to nurse my children.
2. If I wasn't able to produce enough milk, I wanted to be able to supplement with breast milk.
So here you have it, overwhelming proof that hard work pays off. These are the fruits of my labor.
This is the first freezer that I filled with breast milk.
This is the second freezer that I filled with breast milk. Luckily we managed to save a little bit of space in the bottom drawer for some food for us.
If there are any dairy farmers reading this and you need a milk cow...I'm your gal!
11 comments:
cylynn... this is more than impressive! my dad used to say i was like an old jersey (because carter was such a fatty). while i am sure this was meant to be a compliment, the reference was not all that appreciated. i submit that papa john would extend this same 'compliment' to you :) (meant in the best possible way of course)
Holy Milk!
Truly amazing Cylynn!!!! Way to go you! I think I would have quit!
I had no idea that was even possible. Amazing. I am sitting here staring at that and I am simply . . . speechless.
I'm going to start praying right now for you that the power never goes out for an extensive period of time. Amazing.
Kellie, thank you for your prayers. Luckily since the boys are on oxygen, the city has to restore power to the area where our home is first since their oxygen concentrator's need power.
Holy Kau!! That is a lot of milk! How long do you plan on breast feeding? Have you even used any of this yet? Just remind your little boys..."a moment on the lips...a lifetime on the hips", or cheeks in their case. They are so stinkin adorable!!
My jaw dropped when I saw the freezer. That is CRAZY!!
Hollie,
All that milk is really there. I promise that I didn't switch locations so that it looks like more milk. I didn't realize how much milk I had pumped until Sterling put it into the freezer and it didn't fit so we had to buy another freezer to accommodate it all.
Cylynn, do you know what that reminds me of? "What did you do, get on her lap?" That's really neat that you can get all that milk. Does any of the nutrition go down when you freeze it? It sounds like there's just no comparison as far as healthy grub goes with breast milk.
Also, I heard recently on NPR about a kind of specialty cheese made out of breast milk...very high end and pricey...and kind of weird.
Post a Comment