Sunday, October 10, 2010

My Chaos

With two children to take care of, sometimes things don't go as I had always planned. The boys and I slept in the living room for a little longer than a week once we got home. I was too worried that one of them would pull their cannula out or that I wouldn't hear them when they cried. I was also nervous that I wouldn't be able to meet the needs of both of them all of the time.

It turns out that all of those things happened! I don't know how many times I have walked into their room only to find that one or both of them have successfully removed the cannula from their nose. I have been so tired that I haven't heard them cry right away and Sterling has had to either wake me up or on occasion kick me to get me to wake up. And I have finally realized that meeting both of their needs all of the time is not possible. I would have to be a supermom to get that done and well...I am just their mom and that is enough!

The other night I was so tired that I must have just picked Kekoa up off of the floor next to me and put him on my pillow because this is what I woke up to.

This is what happened to Makaio while I was feeding Kekoa. He managed to pull the burp rag over his face and then suck on it until I could get to him. Thanks buddy for soothing yourself until it was your turn.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

you still are super mom. Its always hard at first when your home. Granted I only ever had 1 at a time. it took about 2-3 months to feel like I had things under control. Your doing great. Keep it up.

nathan n rachel said...

My goodness! I think you're supermom!

Tawnya said...

I think you are as close to supermom as it gets...pumping for so long while having two babies in the NICU forever...You deserve a medal!