The boys are 6 months old today. I can't believe that the past six months have gone by so quickly. I try to think about what we did during the summer and of course it was spent in the NICU. I think about the fall and I can't actually remember what I did besides spend most of my time meeting different doctors that will be in charge of the boys' care while we are here for the next year. And here we are at the beginning of winter and it looks like we will be inside for the next 5 months.
It is already getting chilly here and I've heard that the worst is yet to come. I spent some time here three years ago (around this time of year) and I remember thinking that I would NEVER live here. Well, there you have it, all I have to do is say I would "never" do something and low and behold it happens.
The boys have been eating and sleeping a lot lately. I like to think that it is because they are growing but every now and again I suspect it is because I am just not entertaining enough to keep them awake. Makaio has finally taken over the heavy weight medal in the household and outweighs Kekoa by an ounce. I don't know how long he will retain the medal considering the fact that Kekoa has been eating every 2 1/2 - 3 hours for the past two days and he usually eats around 5 ounces each time.
I never would have imagined how much fun it is to be a mother even when your children do nothing more than eat and sleep. I love spending time with them, watching them sleep and seeing them smile each time I pick them up. I can't believe that I love two human beings as much as I love them after only being together for six months. They make each and every day worth living.
I love you boys so much!
4 comments:
They are getting so big and so stinking cute!
My goodness...they are so big and so cute!
Cylynn your kids are ah-dorable. They are huge!! I can't wait till they start making each other laugh. You need to capture that and post it for me please.
Come on, you can't tell me you're not enjoying of first snowstorm?! Remember me the next five winters when you're having better weather. Although I don't think Iowa can be that much better.
Post a Comment