One year ago today Sterling and I went to see my OBGYN to find out if we would be moving to Minnesota two days later. There was a part of me that thought we would be moving for sure and yet somehow I knew it wouldn't happen. During the appointment we found out that not only would we not be moving to Minnesota but we would probably be meeting our two boys within the next couple of days.
Throughout the day the doctors kept checking on me to make sure that things were not progressing toward delivery. At 6:00 pm I was having my final check with the day shift and by 6:30 pm we knew that the babies would be delivered before the end of the day. 1 hour and 58 minutes later Makaio was born and two minutes later Kekoa joined us. It was a rocky start but looking at the boys today it is hard to believe that the beginning of their lives was so fragile.
I can't believe this year has passed so quickly. Look at how far they have come in one year!
Makaio
June 01, 2010
Makaio
June 01, 2011
Kekoa
June 01, 2010
Kekoa
June 01, 2011
4 comments:
OMG! That picture of the first boy (how could you not put names! come on!) looks JUST like sterling! and the 2nd one looks just like you. That's awesome. Beautiful boys. I'm glad you all made it through and loved the first year!
Rachel, you make a very good point about not putting down the names. I stand corrected and have inserted names for everyone that doesn't know them as well as Sterling and I do. Thanks!
Oh my...they are so cute. It's hard to believe that it was a year ago. We miss you.
its just crazy!! watching them grow (through pics) its easy to forget how incredibly teeny they were!!! I love their little personalities showing through in the 1 yr pics!!!! :-)
Post a Comment