Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Tornado Shelter = Fun

The good thing about not allowing the boys to play in our room is that when we have to take cover because there is a tornado in our vicinity (a.k.a. the storm is right above our house) the shelter becomes a playground and not a prison.


It doesn't look like it in this picture, and I should have taken more, but they had a great time playing in our bathroom and in our closet. I should have taken a picture of the bathroom sink where I had to stack everything that they considered to be great toys but that I considered to be a bigger mess to clean up when the meteorologists finally said we could leave our safe spot.

We had a variety of snacks that they ate in no time which made me realize that I was ill prepared. Next time I need to remember that I have two babies that can eat massive amounts of food when given the opportunity. I think I'll start storing our 72 hour kits in our closet.  

1 comment:

Tawnya said...

Wow, that sounds scary, but kind of fun at the same time. Good idea about the 72 hour kit in the closet. Maybe I'll have to do that. Glad you are all ok though.