Sunday, July 15, 2012

DIY Because It's Cheap

The boys have really taken a liking to throwing things at each other and so I had to make a toy that they could safely launch at each other's face and cause minimal damage. Because teaching them not to throw toys is much too difficult which is not how I really feel. I figure that boys will be boys and whether I give them something soft or a rock they are going to throw it and more than likely it is going to be at me or the twin. So in order to save myself from another broken tooth or the boys from a black eye, I decided to make some bean bags a couple of weeks ago. The project was simple, I had a lot of fun doing it and in the end it was a lot cheaper than buying them at the store. Here they are and don't criticize them because they are my first set.


Then yesterday while the boys and I were taking a nap Sterling put his creativity to work and made them a "throw the bean bag at this instead of someone else" (that's the official name) toy. He used an old box and created something that the boys really like. Do they always use it for its actual purpose, no. Do they still like to play with it, yes. Here it is.


3 comments:

Heidi Miller said...

Ooohhhh, how fun! I am so copying you.

Tawnya said...

Great idea! And I love the box too!!

Hollie said...

you guys are just oozing with economically sound creativity. i love it.