Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Shyla's Accusations

For those of you that do not read the comments at the end of each post let me display Shyla's comment for you. The following is a direct quote.

“I sure am sorry to hear about all the problems you have had. I'm glad you are okay though. Nonetheless, I have an extremely serious concern. I couldn't help but immediately notice that in the picture of the belongings you left in the apt to possibly be flooded, was your plant. Was that Jade? Wasn't she your practice child? I mean, what I'm seeing here is that when your life was in danger you left anything that was holding you back and apparently that is the category Jade fell into. She was right next to the trash can! I now have even more misgivings than I did before about you being responsible for a real child. Please explain yourself--if you can.”

A few words on our behalf. Yes it is in fact Jade in the picture. However what you don't know is that we took the picture the night before we moved all of our stuff and therefore it only appears that Jade is going to remain behind. We took her from household to household and though we were worried about her going into shock because of the many different environments in which we lived, she survived.

She was a real trooper and we are so proud of her. I have to say that even after all of the moving she is standing a little taller, growing a little bigger and loving her new family more and more every day.

So Shyla, please do not worry about our ability to parent we are doing a wonderful job. We feed her once a week, talk to her at least twice a week and the best part is that we never have to clean up after her. If this is what parenting is like I say...BRING ON THE CHILDREN!

If you are having misgivings about our ability to raise a practice child just reminisce a little about our time together in Arizona and how well I took care of you. Don't make me list the ways in which I raised you to be a contributing citizen to society.

2 comments:

srf said...

Thank you for that explanation (though conveniently it is one that no third party can verify). I for one, would love to see a picture of the growing, thriving Jade as proof that she is still alive. Also, I would appreciate a before and after picture so that I can compare the two and make sure we are talking about the same plant. Anyway, glad you are well--keep taking care of innocent, dependent little Jade.

Salcido Family said...

I am sure you are going to be a great mother when you have a real child instead of a plant. Luckily I did not rely on plats to tell me about parenting. I killed every plant I ever owned...including some cactus. I was a little afraid to have kids because I could not even keep a plant alive. Luckily Ammon has made it to 3 1/2 and he still seems to be doing great.
Anyway I am glad tot hear that you survived the flooding unscathed as well. I love you and miss you!