When I think of my grandma I generally think of the words to a song by Alabama.
"Oh I believe there are angels among us. Sent down to us from somewhere up above. They come to you and me in our darkest hours. To show us how to live, to teach us how to give. To guide us with a light of love.
When life held troubled times, and had me down on my knees. There's always been someone there to come along and comfort me. A kind word from a stranger, to lend a helping hand. A phone call from a friend, just to say I understand. And ain't it kind of funny that at the dark end of the road. Someone lights the way with just a single ray of hope."
One more than one occasion I am sure that Grandma Bina has been the stranger that lends a helping hand, the friend that calls with words of comfort and she is always the ray of hope that people like you and I need in this life. So today I thought I would list ten of the many reasons that I love my Grandma Bina so dearly.
1. Grandma is a wonderful cook.
2. Grandma has a keen sense of humor.
3. Grandma gives great hugs.
4. Grandma was an exceptional wife and mother.
5. Grandma is an amazing teacher because she teaches by example.
6. Grandma's challenges in life make her better, not bitter.
7. Grandma always sacrifices her own wants and needs.
8. Grandma loves the Lord.
9. Grandma loves her family.
10. Grandma loves unconditionally.
These are only a few of the reasons that my grandma holds such a special place in my heart. If I end being half of the woman that she is, I will call my life a success!
No comments:
Post a Comment