Anyway, the day spa was conveniently located on the stage in the cultural hall so that while the adults were visiting the children could play. There also happened to be two big rolls of carpet that make an excellent spa bed for the customers while still providing equal customer access for all aspiring employees.
At the day spa you can get pedicures, manicures, massages, you can have your beard washed with wipes and on occasion you can even have your entire head waxed if you so desire. I was the first customer and I received a pedicure and foot massage which was a combination of actual foot massaging and stabbing forks into the bottom of my feet. Sterling was the second customer and as you can see he received a variety of services that were not available to me.
Sterling enjoyed most his time at the spa and though the children are not licensed they are quite thorough. After ten minutes behind the curtains of the day spa, my dear husband approaches me to show off his new and rejuvenated self. His beard was clean, his arm hair was brushed and in place, his eyebrows were waxed and the top of his head was bleeding from the head waxing.
I guess the star employee Michaelee was waxing what hair he has left on his head with a fork, a new tool used in spas, when Sterling asked if he was bleeding. She said "No," took one more stroke with the fork and then said, "...but you are now." At this point the day spa appointment came to an abrupt halt and Sterling was wiping the blood from his head with the same wipe that cleaned his beard minutes earlier.
I didn't get a great picture of the damage that his head sustained but here is the picture that I took. He wiped away the blood a few seconds before I took the picture so it doesn't look that bad.The moral of the story...don't go to a spa where the employees are not licensed; especially if they are children with forks, spoons and knives.
3 comments:
sterlings poor little head. i am glad you didn't fall for the fork waxing. and who knew such a tool could be used to remove hair.... and apparently skin.
Can I just tell you that I laughed a lot at this entry? And can I also just tell you that I miss you a lot but am only now telling you (instead of like two years ago when I started missing you) because I am the laziest lazy ever. But now I am a blogger.... or will be once I really start, 'cause I do have one that is completely empty. The mission reunion was yesterday and everyone was asking me about you and I just couldn't tell them anything and decided "this is bogus, I really should know what is going on with her". So I'm glad you have a blog. I will let you know when I finally really get mine started. Ti voglio bene sorella. oh, and you probably know, but just incase you don't, let me also tell you that there is going to be a temple in Rome - President Monson said so.
you are so funny. I have missed that. I love the you are now part. You guys must be great sports.
Post a Comment