Now as a little background I want you to realize that I come from a family that can sleep almost anywhere, especially if we are just sitting around. The following pictures are proof and once you enjoy those, I will explain to you how sleep has taken over my life.

On January 10, 2009 the company I work for had an annual company party. For whatever stupid reason, that I cannot yet explain, I volunteered to be hypnotized as part of the night's entertainment. I had a feeling that it might not work, especially since I think hypnosis is a hoax, so I wasn't too worried. To my relief there were 36 chairs set up on the stage and when they asked for the volunteers to come forward, I happened to be one of four people that walked on stage. This was not a good sign!
I am happy to report that I was not hypnotized and thus I did not make a complete idiot of myself as many of the others did. However I believe that a part of me was affected by the hypnotist.
At the end of the entertainment he did gave each of the participants a bit of hypnotic therapy and tried to help them with a specific problem in their lives that they were having difficulty dealing with. Many of the participants talked of relieving stress, getting more sleep, quitting smoking and one guy even said that he would like to stop yelling at his kids. This is where the curse of sleep comes into play.
Up until this point I was fine sleeping anywhere between 3-5 hours every day. After my body was rested I would wake up, make dinner, clean house, do my visiting teaching or anything else that I needed to accomplish. After the company party that night my life has completely changed. I am now sleeping anywhere from 10-12 hours every single day and now I cannot accomplish a single thing.
I work 10 hours each day, sleep for 10-12 hours each day and if you can do math at all you will conclude that I am left with 2-4 hours to accomplish whatever is on my plate for the day. Picture with me then, if you will, what my life looks like now...I barely wake up in time to make dinner for Sterling, doing the dishes after dinner is out of the question because I have to go to work, hanging up my coat before I fall into bed and fast asleep seems like such a hassle and oh so many more things. Doesn't this just sound like I'm living the dream? Well quite honestly the only reason I'm living the dream is because my life in spent in my dreams as I sleep it away.
So to that life that I once lived where I accomplished much, I say to you...COME BACK, I MISS YOU!!!
1 comment:
Thats super lame. I sorta understand why you NEVER call me back now. still, its saturday and you said you would so I expect it.
Post a Comment