Wednesday, July 14, 2010

You Usually Have to Wait...

for that which is worth waiting for!

I can remember a time when I would often think, "I can't wait to have children." Then we got married and I remember that before I got pregnant I would often think, "I can't wait to be pregnant." Then I got pregnant and while I was pregnant I would often think, "I can't wait until the boys are born." Once the boys were here I would look at them every day and think, "I can't wait until I can hold them." And all of a sudden I realized that if I keep waiting and hoping for the next big event then I am going to miss out on the many little, and just as meaningful, events that happen in between! Although the waiting to hold the boys was well worth the wait, it is time that I start living in the moment and enjoying our life together as it happens.

As you already know, I was able to hold Makaio at the end of June. Kekoa's turn to be snuggled by me came a few days later and it was just as amazing.

Cylynn and Kekoa

One Happy Mommy

3/4 of the Sheffield Family

2 comments:

Salcido Family said...

They are getting so big and looking so good! :)

Katie said...

I totally know what you mean. I remember having similar feelings as I was waiting for different milestones in my life to occur. I am so glad that you have gotten to hold both boys. They are so amazing.