My life hasn't been what I expected at all! I thought that I would be married by the time I was 23...didn't happen. I thought I would have children by the time I was 25...didn't happen. I thought my children would be born at term or at least close to it...didn't happen. I thought that being a mother would be natural and easy...not happening. I thought I would be able to keep a clean house and tend to two children...not happening.
Question: Mom, how in the world do you keep the house clean and still take care of all the children in the day care? Can you please share your secret with me because at this point I am beginning to think that you are superhuman!
Taking care of two kids and trying to clean and organize a house just doesn't happen. I am going to put it out there and let you see what I am dealing with right now. This is proof that I should be cleaning instead of blogging!
This is what you see upon entering our house
The boys' room
Our room
If you're one of those people that keeps a clean house, cooks, takes care of the children and manages a shower, well I said kudos to you! I still haven't figured it out but I am desperately trying. Tips and secrets are welcome! Where do I start? My conscience tells me that it is by getting off the computer and getting to work. So to all of you blog stalkers out there...Peace Out!
7 comments:
One thing at a time. Clean something small, and then maintain it. OR don't worry about it until your help gets there. After all you have TWINS!!!! not many of us can say that! :) You are doing great!
Does this mean both boys are out of the hospital now?! I had the SAME thoughts especially after Ivy was born. Don't worry, you will find your groove. It might take a few months or more but you'll get it down. It becomes easier as they get a little older too. I think every woman feels that way when she first starts mommy-hood. Don't expect TOO much of yourself, you'll find a way to do it all. Say to yourself,"Baby steps Cylynn, baby steps!"
well cylynny, give youself a break. most of us have not just lived at the hospital for 3 months, then brought fragile babies home, not to mention the fact that there are TWO of them. i can't even imagine having twins. you are doing great, and i am so glad youhave help coming your way! love ya.
I didn't know we called you cylynny. I think the house looks clean enough (better than Erin's room used to look and all she took care of was a cat), but just so you know, I can tell you straightened things up a little before taking those pictures. No judgment here.
Ahem- Yes, yes my room was top notch...however you will be suprised to know that out of necessity I needed to be tad bit cleaner. I find that if I plan out the day it helps alot. That way I can coordinate naps, grocery shopping, cleaning, play time, dinner and other things. Otherwise I get overwhelmed and get stuck in front of the computer. Plus I don't tackle it all in one day. Prayer helps, and you have TWINS that are babies and need their mommy more than they need a clean room. Miss you and ignore Shyla!
The real truth is that no one gets a shower until their baby is 9 months old. Because you have twins, you might be lucky to start bathing when they are 15 months old! And as for the house, forget it! Newborns are hard, I can't imagine what two would be like. They are adorable and I have no doubt that, regardless of your cleanliness, you are supermom!
Oh, this made me laugh. Maybe because I was later than planned on the marriage and baby thing too. I have to say that the only thing I made sure to do with a newborn was shower because it gave me a sense of accomplishment for the day. One sad little accomplishment. I think a newborn helped me get over my OCD cleanliness and I've realized I don't need to vacuum every week. And this was all with one. :) It gets better. And because I love to organize I should come over one of Phillip's post-call days when he can watch Mason and I can help you out. I would LOVE it!! Seriously, call me!!
Post a Comment