I can't believe that we have been in the NICU now for three months. A small part of me feels like it was just yesterday that the twins were born and another part of me feels like we have been here for an eternity. Someday, and hopefully someday in the near future, we will all be together again.
Here are the changes that have taken place in the last month.
K. Sheffield
- I can easily go through 6 outfits in one day. I have terrible acid reflux which causes me to vomit often and cry even more. Mommy wishes there was something she could do but if you move me right after I have downed my breast milk, watch out or it is likely to end up on your shirt.
- I am now 17 3/4 inches long and a whopping 6 pounds 12.5 ounces.
- I love my food and I eat over 14 ounces of breast milk per day. I have also started breast feeding which is still pretty difficult for me considering the extent of my lung disease.
- I was extubated and I actually cried real tears, which caused mommy to cry real tears also. (August 3, 2010)
- I got my two month immunizations on mommy's birthday. (August 4, 2010)
- I moved into the room next to Makaio.
- I graduated to a crib.
- I was converted to nasal cannula (August 18, 2010) and my oxygen settings are now at an acceptable limit to be discharged (1 liter).
- We had our first family photo taken where all four of us were together (August 22, 2010). I slept through the entire thing but I'm pretty sure I heard Makaio crying the whole time.
M. Sheffield
- I am one determined little boy. I know what I want and please don't try to make me think otherwise. For example, when mommy is feeding me I don't like her to touch me AT ALL! I can tell even if she is only touching me with one finger and I will cry until she stops.
- I am now 19 3/4 inches and I weigh 7 pounds 4.8 ounces.
- As you can tell from the size of my cheeks, I also enjoy my food. I eat over 17 ounces a day. I also breast feed but I get to eat whenever I want. I once ate for 37 minutes and three hours later, my diaper was almost as heavy as me (not really but it was heavy).
- I graduated to a crib.
- My oxygen requirements are at an acceptable level for discharge (3/4 liter).
- Like Kekoa said, we had our first family photo taken in August and I did in fact cry the entire time. In my defense, I was hungry and everyone seemed more concerned about taking pictures than feeding me. Of course mommy didn't post the pictures where I was trying to find food at daddy's chest, she only posted the nice ones.
Notice how the changes are really starting to slow down. We are getting closer to going home and we are hoping to be home with daddy before we turn four months old. In the meantime, keep coming back for updates on us and perhaps even an occasional update on our parents. Thank you for keeping us in your thoughts and prayers. We love you all!
1 comment:
you guys are doing so well! it looks like you are pretty close to going home and i'm so excited for you.
you've certainly had your fair share of trials-does that mean that you crammed a whole lifetime's worth of trials into this short amount of time and you won't have any after that?
Post a Comment