Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Easing our Pain

After 16 months of life we experienced our first diaper rash. I felt pain because I was so neglectful and allowed my child to get a rash. Sterling felt the pain each and every time he changed a diaper and heard Kekoa scream, I could actually see the pain on his face. Kekoa felt the pain with each dirty diaper. Makaio was just as happy as ever so I guess there was no pain there.

The only cure seemed to be a lot of baths and time. The lesson I learned...DO NOT EVER USE DESITIN! All I know is that I would be fine if we didn't experience that again for another 16 years!

6 comments:

jordan and tyrell said...

i have not found a cream that really seemed to heal anything. the best thing is, like you said, a bath after ever poopy diaper. and make sure they get dried off really well. it's not a great time that is for sure

Salcido Family said...

Diaper rash sucks but A&D is awesome! Here's hoping for happy butts!

Julie Rowse said...

Aquaphor. Greatest stuff ever.

Erin-lou said...

The amazing thing about babies is that they heal quickly and they don't remember a thing. Right after Roman was circumcised he screamed his head off when people wanted to hold him. I found out later when I changed his diaper that the desitin cap I lost was in his diaper. I felt so bad but stuff like that happens and we don't intentionally want to torture our children. Vaseline helps with chaffing as well if you dont want to use desitin.

Anonymous said...

I can't believe this is the first one ever! My kids always got it the worst when on antibiotics. The only thing I found that works is Lotromin first than butt paste on top of it. Worked great for my kids, so did swimming pools. You are a much better mom than I am since by now my kids had probably had at least 4 or 5.

nathan n rachel said...

Poor guy. We haven't had a true diaper rash yet. We've had a few red areas, but nothing horrible.