Monday, April 9, 2012

Handing Over the Reins

This weekend we decided to let the boys attempt to feed themselves a popsicle. Being the neat freak that I am, I have yet to allow my children this amazing opportunity because of the mess that it would create. After a recent therapy evaluation, the therapist told me that Makaio has sensory issues regarding the inability to perform a task if his hands are dirty. So to assist the boys in overcoming their "mother-induced" OCD, we gave them a popsicle.




I won't lie...I was hovering nearby and wiping up most of the juice that was dripping down their arms and onto the chair. However I think we must admit that I did a decent job of letting them get dirty.

5 comments:

Heidi Miller said...

What CUTE CUTE BOYS!

Tawnya said...

I feel the same way about messes. Ugh!! The thought of them...

Rachel Culmer said...

Maybe I should do some therapy because I hate messes and I'm so OCD.

Anonymous said...

I laughed so hard. Please never watch my kids eat Popsicle's. Good call being outside though.

Hollie said...

lol. good job sorella