- The boys are learning to say and sign please appropriately. If I am giving the boys something to eat and I ask them to say please then the expectation is that they both say or sign it before they get the food. Sometimes Makaio gets so frustrated with Kekoa that he will reach over and sign please on Kekoa's chest just so they can get the food.
- Kekoa has started dancing and I don't know where he learned it. I love to dance but I never dance around the house. This weekend while watching General Conference, Kekoa started dancing to The Mormon Tabernacle Choir. Not quite dance music but he's not picky.
- Both of the boys love to eat. Sometimes I don't have dinner prepared when they are ready to eat so they have to wait a couple of minutes. If Kekoa is really hungry he will start saying "Amen" in the middle of the prayer and repeat it louder and louder until the end of the prayer. He isn't very subtle.
- I think that because Kekoa has always developed skills before Makaio that Makaio looks to Kekoa as his example. Sometimes he mimics good habits and other times I wish he wouldn't watch the things that Kekoa does. I love that Makaio loves Kekoa so much that he wants to do everything he does, right down to every single cough.
This age is proving to be such a fun age, except for when they are throwing fits. It has been so much fun to watch them grow and develop separately and together. They really are best friends and I just hope that the bond continues to grow as they do.
4 comments:
Those are such cute isms that they do!
I love the fact that Kekoa dances to the MOTAB as well. Isn't it hilarious?
Hannah LOVES to do sign language. She has totally caught on to it and knows about 30 words. It is so fun to watch her catch on to things.
This is a great age--minus the tantrums.
That cracks me up that he signs please for his brother so he can get his food already. haha. they are so totally your kids!
Joey does that same thing with the "Amen"!
Post a Comment