This morning at 3:15 the alarm clock on my cell phone was the last thing that I wanted to hear. I laid there for a little bit longer before Sterling finally made me get out of bed. At this point many questions were running through my mind. Why did we choose the morning shift? Were we thinking when we accepted the calling? Is this real or am I dreaming? Am I really awake at 3:15 am? Will Sterling hate me at the end of the day because I am so crotchety?
Well I couldn't sit and ask questions all day I had to get for our first day as ordinance workers in the Nauvoo Temple. Our first experiences were wonderful and I finally feel like I am using my brain again. We can already see what a blessing this is going to be in our lives and we are looking forward to the next year of service.
I loved interacting with the elderly ordinance workers and I have made a few friends already; I was always better at interacting and making friends with people older than me. One of my new found friends has even invited us to stay with her whenever we would like so that we don't have to wake up so early. Our immediate bonding can be attributed to the fact that she lived in Hawaii for 30 years, married a Tongan man and misses Hawaii dearly, however I like to think it is because I am just that charming.
So as I said before we enjoyed our first week and we look forward to the upcoming year of service and sacrifice. So even though the our experiences will be of a sacred nature and we may not be able to share much, we will do our best to share what we can.
4 comments:
Chris and I were workers in Dallas and loved it. Your gonna love it
You are so cute with older people! You are going to brighten up everybody's life at the temple. They are lucky people :)
You are definitely better people than me!!
I call for more updates!!
Post a Comment