Thursday, July 15, 2010

Every Party Needs a Pooper

Sterling taught me a song that goes, "Every party needs a pooper that's why we invited you, party pooper." Ever since he taught me the song, I sing it just about every day. Today Kekoa gave me a reason to keep singing that song.

Today, while Kekoa's nurse and I were having a diaper changing party, Kekoa decided to be that party pooper. No, he didn't crash the party by throwing a fit, he added to the party by pooping all over my hand and arm. Let me give you a play by play.

Scene I: Cylynn has just finished holding Kekoa and the nurse has put him back in his bed. He is now ready for his temperature to be taken and his diaper changed.

Nurse: Why don't you go ahead and get a temperature and change his diaper while I get some milk?

Cylynn: Sounds great.

Scene II: Kekoa's nurse exits stage left to retrieve some milk while Cylynn starts with taking his temperature. First she tries his left armpit because he has kindly put it up in the air for an effort free entry - low temperature. She then takes on the challenge of the right armpit and successfully inserts the temperature probe - same exact temperature.

Enter Nurse.

Nurse: How was his temp.?

Cylynn: 96.4

Nurse: That's okay. We'll change his diaper and hang his food then take his temperature again.

Scene III: Cylynn opens the diaper only to find a very stinky and full diaper. She grabs a wipe and starts cleaning up the mess. She has the surface cleaned and turns to grab another wipe to make sure that the job is well done.

Cylynn: Insert Nurse's Name, he pooped.

Nurse: Good job sweet boy.

Kekoa: Ffffft (that is the sound his fart made).

Scene IV: Cylynn finds herself in quite the predicament. She turns just in time to see poop squirting out in a perfect stream and headed for her. Her catlike reflexes allow her to partially block the poop with the wipe. Much to her dismay, she didn't block the entire stream and she now has poop all over the wipe, her hand and part of her arm.

Nurse: He definitely gets credit for that. I guess I'll change the size of the stool in my charting from moderate to large.

Scene V: Cylynn washes up while Kekoa smiles.

Every party needs a pooper that we invited you Kekoa!

7 comments:

Chelsea said...

Welcome to motherhood! Just wait til you get so used to it, you quit changing out of your pooped on clothes... :) I didn't even know you had a blog! Don't mind if I come back...

Erin-lou said...

Just wait till you get barfed on. Funny thing about being a Mom, you don't mind.

Keri Dawn said...

I was always told you're not really a mom until you get pooped on, and you actually put out your hand to catch puke so that you don't have to clean it up....I swore I'd NEVER do the latter.....

Didn't last!

Welcome to Mommyhood!

Emily said...

I LOVE your blog!! And your boys! You are such a cute mom, hang in there! Those boys will be home before you know it. And yes, I think you do reach a point as a mom where you'd like to just freeze time and enjoy your babies forever exactly as they are :) Just get them home and sleeping well and you'll never want a clock to tick again!

Erin Teichert Barbuto said...

I'm not sure I think this pooping business is all that cute...but it could be because I'm not a mom. I'm glad you got the experience, and the boys look great! I'm so glad!

Hollie said...

A HA HA!! that was awesome. My sister's baby (who's middle name is Kekoa) did the exact same thing to her a few months ago. Her husband started jumping around and flailing his arms and ran out of the room. lol. babies...

Kellie and Brian said...

Yay! You've officially been initiated into motherhood. You're just still "playing" mommy until you get that first rocket poop shot onto you. Now it's for real. :)