Today was Sterling's last day with us here in Iowa before he starts at the Mayo Clinic this coming Monday. Even though I am sitting here alone writing this post and though I know he is in Minnesota, I still wait and listen for him to walk through the door and crawl into bed.
Our life has been one big blur since the boys were born and I don't even know where the past two months have gone. Our routine has been interrupted but that's okay because it is for a very good reason. Sterling deserves and has earned this experience at the Mayo and we wouldn't want him to give it up for anything. The boys and I will patiently wait for him to return to us each weekend and we will happily Skype him in the meantime.
Here are some pictures of how our last day together was spent.
This is Makaio listening to whatever it is that Dad has to say.
Kekoa is taking a peek to make sure that he's still in Dad's arms
Family Time in Kekoa's Room
Family Time in Makaio's Room
Machine Gun Kisses for Makaio
Machine Gun Kisses for Kekoa
We are definitely going to miss Sterling while he is away but we are so grateful for the sacrifices he is making now in preparation for our future. Thanks for being an example of hard work and dedication for the boys, even if it is hard. We will be together sooner than you know. You take care of yourself, I'll take care of the boys and the Lord will take care of all of us until we can be together again. WE LOVE YOU!
1 comment:
The boys look GREAT! When did Makaio get off the vent? That's awesome!!!
Your family is still in our prayers daily!
Good luck Sterling!
Post a Comment