Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Back in Business

I didn't sleep very much last night. You might think it was because I was worried about Kekoa and his surgery but you would be wrong. Makaio enjoys the night life and so I get to stay up and play all night. Luckily he is my child and cute or else it would be a lot harder.

Anyway, Kekoa's surgery is over and he is doing well. He is already extubated and resting comfortably. Once he wakes up he will be able to start eating and then we will be back to working on getting home. He still has a couple of medications that the doctors don't want to send him home on but by next week he should outgrow them and we can possibly be on our way home. Oh Happy Day!

Mommy trying to put on a happy face before surgery.
The calm before the storm
This is him on morphine. (If only I could get that kind of rest!)

6 comments:

Heidi Miller said...

What a handsome squishy little face. Love him.

Tawnya said...

So glad everything went well.

jordan and tyrell said...

glad to hear everything went well. what surgery did he have? and HURRAY for M coming home!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

is he sporting Iowa colors? I've never seen the crazyness like that before I moved here. Glad to know everything went well.

The Sheffield's said...

Karen,

He is sporting Hawkeye colors, but not by my choice. I am not a Hawks fan but everyone in the state seems to be and is crazy about them. On the day of the first game we got Hawkeye blankets, hats and booties for the boys. Someone made them for all the babies in the NICU.

Jess said...

I am so glad the surgery went well!!!! Ive been thinking about you guys, but knew it would go great! Hope I get to see you again soon! <3