Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Peat and Repeat

Lately the boys have been playing together so well that sometimes they get into a lot of trouble. It seems like if one of them comes up with a bad idea the other one thinks it is hilarious and so they go with it. Makaio is usually the one to copy Kekoa, especially when Kekoa chooses to hit me or throw a fit or run away when I ask him to come and list goes on.

Their latest trick is to get into the cooking utensils drawer and play/hit with everything they get their little hands on. Yesterday we were trying to get ready to go to a physical therapy appointment and I needed to take a shower. I figured that they couldn't get into that much in the kitchen so off I went on my merry way. I was wrong! When I came out of the bathroom I found that my kitchen had been turned into a splash pad. They used their utensils to press the water button on the fridge and that is when the fun began.

Makaio was happily dispersing the water around the kitchen while Kekoa held down the button to ensure that an adequate amount of water was available. Makaio was soaked from head to toe and though the water was freezing, he didn't seem to mind one bit. Kekoa was happily encouraging Makaio to splash harder by screaming unintelligible phrases and laughing with each and every splash.

If only I were the "fun" mom then I would have let them continue their newly developed game and taken a picture or even taken a video but I didn't. I like to think that if we weren't in a hurry to get to physical therapy that would have been the case but sadly sometimes you just have to teach your children about good choices and bad choices. It is a good choice to play in the water and have fun. It is a bad choice to turn the kitchen into a splash pad while mommy is in the shower or at any time for that matter.

3 comments:

Heidi Miller said...

Oh man. Oh man. I don't know what else to say. I think I would have freaked...so if you freaked...don't feel bad. I'm not a fun mom either. :)

Tawnya said...

Oh wow, I am with you. That sounds like a very bad choice!

Hollie said...

AHAHA!! like you said, too bad you had to be somewhere, cause that would've been a great video.