Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Naked in the NICU

Let the competition begin! Two twin boys in separate rooms in the NICU could not be competitive from birth, could they?

We came into the NICU the other morning to find Kekoa had removed one strap on his diaper and seemed to be working on the other. We thought that was pretty cute, but Makaio was not having any of it. He one upped Kekoa by completely escaping his diaper that very night. We came in the next morning to find this note from the nurse on his white board:


That's right! He wiggled totally out of his diaper. However, the mean nurse made him put his diaper back on, but warned us that this may be a sign of things to come. Having been raised in a house with seven sisters and no brothers, I, Sterling, have little experience in this area. Fair warning might be a good thing. Life could be very different with a house of boys. This morning the doctor pulled me aside and said that she liked the note. She said now I can't be surprised when my boys come home and say they got in trouble for streaking. The boys are providing entertainment for us and the entire NICU staff.

So, let the competition begin. I guess boys will continue to be boys.

2 comments:

Wisniewski said...

I love it!! The true Wisniewski spirit is coming out in them - letting it all hang out!

The Sheffield's said...

Deena oh Deena...how could you expect anything else! After all, one of them does have the name of a certain uncle who doesn't mind being nude. I won't mention names. Let's just hope they learn a little modesty from their parents, although at the rate I'm going, we are going to have to count on Sterling to do the modesty teaching!