Thursday, June 3, 2010

Boys Will Be Boys

Boys have a mind of their own and these boys decided to come early despite all we and the doctors did. We have two little boys officially born and blessing our lives with every moment. They were born at 8:28 and 8:30 pm on June 1, 2010 at 25 1/2 weeks gestation.

The older brother was born taller and bigger than his brother at 13 1/2 inches and 2 lbs 3.5 ounces. His name is Makaio, meaning gift of God, and he is living up to his name. He is doing well in the NICU and is sunbathing today. Here are some pictures.

Makaio, look how small under the photolights.

Makaio kickin it.

The younger brother was smaller and shorter than his brother at 12 inches and 2 lbs 1.5 ounces. His name is Kekoa, meaning brave warrior, and he is our brave fighter. He is also doing well in the NICU and is enjoying the warmth of sunbathing like his mom would be. Here are some pictures.

Kekoa, even smaller.

Holding hands with Mom.

Watch for more pictures and videos to come.

11 comments:

Salcido Family said...

Beautiful babies! XOXO

Anonymous said...

Congrats Cy. we areso happy for you. hope they grow big and fast. Pretty soon they will be so big. congrats again

Wisniewski said...

I can't belive how fast they grew in that short amount of time! I continue to be amazed at the Lord's hand in everything that has gone on. (I am crying again - I guess I don't need to go to testimony meeting again next month either.) Thanks so much for letting me come and spend time with you and share with you an experience I will never forget cause it has and continues to strengthen my testimony of our Heavenly Father's love for us. I love you guys so much. Joe is so happy to have Makaio named after him. You should have seen his expression when he found out.

Amanda said...

Congrats! I'm so glad that your boys are doing well and that they are growing well.

Samantha Fife said...

Congrats you guys!!!!!

Rachel said...

I am so excited for you all! Congrats! I called and left a msg on sterlings voice mail but please call if you need anything!

Katie said...

They are amazing! Congrats! I love the names. Let us know if we can do ANYTHING!

Katie

Joe'n'Jess said...

I LOVE the names! soon you will find that tiny babies are way cuter than fat monster babies anyway. Congrats new Mama and Daddy-you are officially a family of four!!!

Hollie said...

CYLYNN!!! you're just a little bit of a terd! cause you kept this pregnant with twins thing a secret for so stinkin long!! But I'll forgive you. CONGRATULATIONS!!! if these boys are anything like you, you're going to have your hands full - haha. They are so precious. I'm very happy for you and Sterling.

nathan n rachel said...

Cute pics! Love the dollar size comparison. Congrats you two.

jordan and tyrell said...

oh my gosh!!!!!! i can't believe that they are here! i am glad they are doing well and am excited for you!!!! congrats cylynny