The boys were two weeks old Tuesday night. They are both doing well and are back up to two pounds now, after losing all of their fluid weight from birth. We are having a lot of fun doing cares with them, two to three times a day. We get to change their diapers, take their temperatures, and help weigh them. They are both starting to kick quite a bit. Both are off of the phototherapy most of the time now, so the masks are off. We get to see them open their eyes and take little looks around. In fact, we got the first picture of Makaio with his eyes open on his two week birthday. Here are their two week birthday pictures:
Makaio examining the bright world.
Kekoa, still keeping his eyes closed.
It is hard to see in the picture, but they had their first experiences with dentists in the past week. They had palate impressions taken and palate molds made. Their breathing tubes and feeding tubes sit in this mold in their mouths. This is for more long-term use, as the tubes would damage the tops of their mouths without it. They both did well with the dentists.
One reason we have not posted as much lately is we are busy looking for a new vehicle. Twins in a little Honda Civic is pretty tight. We are not sure what we should get: five or seven seats, SUV or minivan or even a station wagon. If anyone has any suggestions let us know. We have never shopped for a bigger vehicle.
Well, the time has gone slow and fast, as it often does. It seems to go slow in the moment, but when looking back we cannot believe it has already been two weeks. Our boys are two weeks old, and I will be a father on Father's Day for the first time this Sunday.
7 comments:
I highly suggests the Corvette for the new family vehicle. Very economical!
Get the Swagger Wagon! I say Toyota Sienna or Honda. Mini vans have come a LONG way and are better than SUVs because they fit the same number of people (sometimes more), are more fuel efficient and are much easier to get kids (especially babies) in and out of. We LOVE our Sienna. Though anything bigger than the Civic will work. :)
The boys look great! We are still praying for you guys.
i'd swear by my van. i know some people don't like the idea of a minivan, but i get the last laugh when i don't need two huge bulky toddler carseats, bc mine are built in. PLUS there's a dvd player, and TONS of storage space for any kind of stroller. its a dodge grand caravan-look for the kind w the built in carseats!
Mini-vans these days are posh! But...you could always get a Ferrari. :)
boys looks great. I will be thinking about them this week.
I have a few suggestions you could check out. The RAV4 has rear seats that slide back. The twins I nannied drove this car and their dad is 6' 3" and mom is 5' 7".
I would bite the bullet and get a van though. if you take into account the space a double stroller will take you pretty much lose any back space for cargo area. if you ever take a trip you basically have to tie it to the top! I would just go get a used Odyssey (the best rated minivan out there) and call it good.
VW honda or Toyota mini's are all basically the same. Drive them then see which you like the best. I love my sienna. wish I bought a VW just because I love VW. your boys are so cute!
Get a minivan!! Even though I WOULD NOT buy a Dodge ever again, I would buy a minivan. If you can afford it, I would get a Toyota Sienna. I have lots to say on the boys too, but I would rather do it in person. Will call you tomorrow!!!
Post a Comment