Monday, June 7, 2010

Weighing of the Boys

We got to hold the boys in our hands for the first time today. We were able to help weigh them for the day. It was a very special experience. We were both nervous at first but loved to feel them in our hands. They are so light. It felt like holding a small pillow. Here are some videos.


Cylynn weighing Makaio.


Sterling Weighing Kekoa.


Even though we were nervous at first to hold them, the hardest thing was letting them go. We both just wanted to keep them in our arms and give them machine gun kisses.

5 comments:

Joe'n'Jess said...

What a precious moment! i'm glad you got to document it. They are SO TINY!!! I'm sure you two are spending all your spare time in the NICU so let me know if you want a meal or a visitor!

Amanda said...

Thats so amazing that you got to hold them! How much does Kekoa weigh? I can't believe Makaio now weighs 1lb 13oz!

The Sheffield's said...

Sterling is much better than I am at taking videos and unfortunately I split the videos of Sterling weighing the Kekoa and his weight. In response to your question Amanda, Kekoa weighs 1 lb 12.6 oz.

Wisniewski said...

I am so glad that you got to hold them! The kids were glued to the computer watching you. Kaili was amazed at how small they were in your hands. She did a "I'm thinking of someone" about Kekoa today on the way to Joe's game. As you can probably imagine, she is pretty amazed by them. Do they weigh them every day, and if so will you get to help them every day?

Fawn McAffee said...

I almost feel like a peeping tom into such a meaningful and special moment in your lives. I am crying like the bawl-baby that I am. What special moments- thank you for sharing them.